Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio

JennnJ
New User

Aug 24, 2016, 9:50 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1743 views)
Shortcut
Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio Can't Post

My Sharp Aquos LC-32D44U has started with a green blinking power light. I can override temporarily with full picture by holding CH-/Vol+, but it goes black after about 10-15 sec and the audio remains.

I cannot get into service menu because it goes black before I get in.

Does this indicate the problem is the inverters and not necessarily a failing lamp/tube? Replacing the board is possible, but will be useless if the problem is the lamps.

Is there a way to determine that the problem is on the board and not the lamps without jumping the C7558?

(This post was edited by JennnJ on Aug 24, 2016, 9:57 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 24, 2016, 11:00 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JennnJ] Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio [In reply to] Can't Post

You can test each bulb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfVkRiDGewA

About the halfway point of video he gets it to work.

-------------------------

JennnJ
New User

Aug 24, 2016, 11:39 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. I can see that there are currently no burnt out tubes in the 15 seconds that I can get the tv to work before it goes to black; the picture appears perfect.

I don't know if the tv error is that one is failing/about to blow or if the error is in the inverter (the latter being a much easier and less costly repair).

Will testing indicate if a bulb is about to blow?

(This post was edited by JennnJ on Aug 24, 2016, 11:40 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 25, 2016, 12:45 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JennnJ] Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio [In reply to] Can't Post

What happened to steps 1 & 2 of entering 'adjustment process mode?'

Bulbs in LCD screens can fail similarly to the bulbs you may have over a workbench. Plus the TV has built-in circuitry for lamp voltage, lamp current and open lamp detection.

IF you can fire up each bulb with an external supply for longer than the period of time it usually takes to demonstrate failure, bulbs should be good.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 25, 2016, 12:52 AM)

Kilroys
New User

Aug 25, 2016, 4:32 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio [In reply to] Can't Post

Press the “POWER” key on the set of running TV set to force off the power.
While holding down the “VOL (-)” and “INPUT” keys on the set at once, plug in the AC power cord to turn on the power.
The letter “K”, appears on the screen.
Next, hold down the “VOL (-)” and “P (-)” keys on the set at once. Multiple lines of character string appearing on the
screen indicate that the set is now in the adjustment Process mode. If you fail to enter the adjustment mode (the display is the same as normal start-up), retry the procedure. (Another procedure)

or
short C7558 on inverter to disable protections

JennnJ
New User

Aug 25, 2016, 6:40 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kilroys] Sharp Aquos Picture on for 10 secs, then black with audio [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I did that, as I explained. But the screen goes black before I can see the service menu. If the error is tripped by a failing bulb, I can't possibly know that by the picture I see in the few moments it is available to me before it goes black - no bulbs are yet burned out.

I was trying to avoid jumping the C7558, because I am not an electrician or a repair shop and don't have solder

This doesn't seem worth it for me. If there was a way to determine that it was the inverters so I could just replace the board, I would do it. I have no intention of trying to replace the bulbs

Thank you anyway.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)