Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp Aquos black screen, but screen comes up for a moment when turning on (kinda fixed)

pzoom
New User

Oct 22, 2016, 9:20 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6602 views)
Shortcut
Sharp Aquos black screen, but screen comes up for a moment when turning on (kinda fixed) Can't Post

I edited this post with some new info. I have heard the 70LE660u has same issue.

Sharp Aquos 60" 60LE660u, black screen, no sound. LEDs come on, seems to have power. When I push the power button to turn ON, I can see the screen come up including backlight for a moment.

I have replaced the T-con and Main controller board but it acts the same.

TV is a little over a year old, just went off one day.

When I pull one of the TCON ribbon cables, the screen comes on. I can then re-insert the ribbon cable and the TV works. However if the TV stays off for more than a few hours, I am back to the original problem.

If I put the TV in "wallpaper mode" where the screen stays on (but low power), it will come back on. Any ideas?

Also, I put a wattmeter on the TV and it draws 30W in wall paper mode if anyone is interested.

(This post was edited by pzoom on Nov 1, 2016, 12:48 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 23, 2016, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pzoom] Sharp Aquos black screen, but screen comes up for a moment when turning off [In reply to] Can't Post

May want to follow troubleshooting in Service Manual: http://badcaps.net/...ighlight=lc-60LE660u
or http://elektrotanya.com/...0u.rar/download.html

-------------------------

pzoom
New User

Oct 23, 2016, 9:13 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp Aquos black screen, but screen comes up for a moment when turning off [In reply to] Can't Post

I downloaded the service manual and tried the things they suggest.

The LCD lights up for a moment when I plug it in and then again when I turn it off (and I can see info on the screen for that brief moment). I am going to order a power supply board next and see what happens. That is the only board I haven't tried to replace lol

The manual says the power LED should flash a sequence when the unit is plugged in if there is a supply issues. However the LED comes on and stay solid when I plug it in and it goes off when I push the power button.

pzoom
New User

Oct 23, 2016, 10:51 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pzoom] Sharp Aquos black screen, but screen comes up for a moment when turning off [In reply to] Can't Post

I pulled one of the flat cables going to the LCD (there are 2 cable on the t-con board). I powered back up and half the screen came up!

I then inserted a USB stick with the latest firmware and installed.

I then powered off and re-connected the cable. The TV works now - however there are 2 small horizontal lines towards the bottom of the screen.

I tried swapping the new T-con board and I have the same issue.
Not sure where to go from here, but at least the TV is usable.

Hopefully this post helps someone....

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)