Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp LC-40SH340K TV only flickers on occasionally.

Devs
New User

Jan 24, 2019, 11:55 AM

Post #1 of 3 (823 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LC-40SH340K TV only flickers on occasionally. Can't Post

Hi.

The above TV has developed the following issue; when powered up, nothing much happens. The touch-control panel on the side does respond with 'chirps' when used, but the screen remains blank and there's no sound.

However, every now and then - every minute or so - an image will appear very briefly on the screen showing the menus or channel setting - stuff like that - before disappearing again after a half-second or so. This is usually prompted by me pressing the side 'buttons' randomly, tho' this brief image can also just appear - briefly - on its own accord.

Other than that, the TV appears 'dead'.

I've had a good look at the boards to see if there were any obvious faulty components, and did a precautionary swap of the largest cap - a 150uF 450V jobbie - as it might possibly have had the slightest bow to its top, but this made no difference so I presume it was fine (as I kind of suspected anyway).

Any other symptoms? The 'standby' touch button 'chirps' when touched but doesn't appear to have any actual effect as the other buttons will also chirp regardless of whether the standby one has been pressed or not. There is no 'on' indicator light on the TV to judge whether the standby is working.

Can anyone suggest the next obvious move, please? Eg can I test the power board for voltages to see if that's seemingly ok?

Thanks.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 24, 2019, 10:53 PM

Post #2 of 3 (817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Devs] Sharp LC-40SH340K TV only flickers on occasionally. [In reply to] Can't Post

https://elektrotanya.com/...60.pdf/download.html

-------------------------

Devs
New User

Jan 24, 2019, 11:04 PM

Post #3 of 3 (815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp LC-40SH340K TV only flickers on occasionally. [In reply to] Can't Post

Fab - thank you :-)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)