Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp LC-45D40U Won't Power On! Need Help!

70JUDGE
New User

Apr 1, 2008, 8:44 AM

Post #1 of 3 (813 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LC-45D40U Won't Power On! Need Help! Can't Post

I have a Sharp LC-45D40U LCD TV,and when you plug it in,you can hear a click,and the power light flashes green for a second.When you unplug it,you can hear the click again.That's all it does.No picture,or even a hint of one.I have tested all of the capacitors on the mainboard with an ESR meter,and they all seem alright.The power button board seems to tests alright as well.Nothing looks burned,or broken.The clicking noise I found is two relays on the mainboard,so it is getting power,but maybe not enough,or they are not supose to click when you plug,or unplug the TV,just when you turn it on,and off?The only things I noticed that might be bad is the two surface mount capacitors on the remote sensor board measure high.I tried a different remote sensor board,but that didn't make any difference,and the two surface mount capacitors measured the same as the old board.Now either they are supose to measure that high,or I might have received a bad board.Can this TV still turn on without the remote sensor board plugged in?Also,what does the line filter board do?I'm getting 120V on the wires that go from this to the mainboard.Am I supose to get more?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank You very much!
Tyler

shopjimmy
New User

Apr 2, 2008, 4:34 AM

Post #2 of 3 (803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [70JUDGE] Sharp LC-45D40U Won't Power On! Need Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Most sets can run with the IR not plugged in. What is the indicator doing exactly does it go red or blue when the green is out???? Are you getting a flash of backlight? The problem with that LCD is it has more PCBs in it to troubleshoot than a plasma.

70JUDGE
New User

Apr 2, 2008, 9:42 AM

Post #3 of 3 (798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shopjimmy] Sharp LC-45D40U Won't Power On! Need Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

When I plug it in,I can hear the two relays on the mainboard click,and the power light flashes green for a split second.Nothing else.No other colors on the power light,or a hint of a picture,or backlight lighting up.When I unplug the TV,the two relays click again.What I think will help me get started beyond what I have already tested is the following.Am I supose to get more they 120V on the wires that go from the line filter board to the mainboard?What does the line filter board do?And are the two relays on the mainboard supose to make a single click when the power cord is plugged in,and a single click when unpluged,or are they only supose to click when the TV is turned on,and off?Are there any know problems with this TV?I have already tried another IR board,but that didn't help any.I was thinking about getting another power button board,but everything seems to test alright on the one I have.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank You very much!
Tyler

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)