Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off

1qwkss
New User

Jan 14, 2016, 4:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off Can't Post

replaced just the power board and worked for awhile but something else took that board out as well I'd assume...I put the original power board back in and was able to find the reset procedure and was able to make it run for quite some time but then in the burning process it too shut down...i have not been able to re-access the reset procedure screen as the backlights come on and then just shut down...i'm assuming i'll need another power board but is this a main board issue as well? appreciate the help guys

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 14, 2016, 4:54 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1qwkss] Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

Or perhaps the backlights have been at 100% intensity from day number one, and one (or more) of the edge-lit LEDs have become defective? You'll need to arrange to see ALL the LEDs light (and stay lit) simultaneously to tell IF this is the case.

-------------------------

1qwkss
New User

Jan 14, 2016, 7:52 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

That could be possible as well...they do all turn on when plugged in but a second later they all shut back down...any methods for attempting to isolate power to the lamps?

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 14, 2016, 8:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1qwkss] Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll need to arrange to see ALL the LEDs light (and stay lit) simultaneously

Wired as old time xmas lights. One out, a whole string is out. Two flashlight batteries in series connected to each LED one at a time with proper polarity observed is one way to test individual bulb.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jan 14, 2016, 8:31 PM)

1qwkss
New User

Jan 15, 2016, 2:34 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sharp LC-60LE600U Backlight on then shuts off [In reply to] Can't Post

Alright well it'll be fun tearing it down past the three boards lol thanks for the help...would you happen to also have a reliable vendor to source the lamps from when I find the bad one?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)