Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp LC-80LE642U no HDMI issue

olliec421
New User

Oct 1, 2017, 4:18 PM

Post #1 of 1 (860 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LC-80LE642U no HDMI issue Can't Post

Ok, so here’s the story. We had a Sharp 80 at the office. All of a sudden nothing HDMI would work at all but VGA and component still worked. We bought a replacement tv and I took the broken one home.

I bought a main board replacement on eBay for a DKEYMF953FM06 Version H. I put it in and the sharp sign started blinking lamp error code. Upon closer inspection I had a Version A but the seller used a Version H stock photo. The seller accepted the return and I ordered a real confirmed Version H main board.

I put that correct one in and I got the same bad lamp error code blinking. I sent it back, seller accepted. I put the broken board back in and at least I had component working for Blu-ray. I started fiddling around and did a firmware update and went in to the service menu and all of a sudden the HDMI on the previously broken board was working, I saw my Apple TV home screen. Great I’ll put the Tv together and just forget this whole thing ever happened. Awesome for about 4 months.

One day I’m working from home and had a photo slide show on with music and I looked up and all of a sudden no photos but music still playing through A/V receiver. Rats, HDMI out again. Try entering the service menu again to no avail. Left it unplugged for a while (weeks, months maybe) and one day I was bored and decided to try it and hdmi is working again. Put on In The Army Now and about 20 min in, black screen again.

I picked up the remote to change the volume and I used the TV remote and the volume changed on the AVR! HDMI CEC is working. So it’s passing controls just not audio and video. Could it be HDCP?

Needless to say I’m totally confused here. Don’t know why replacement boards didn’t work, don’t know why the problem is so intermittently repaired, don’t know why CEC working but no audio and video.

Is there a process to initialize these boards including whatever part handles HDCP back to factory? Does it sound like a bad main board? Why did the correct replacement board(s) give me lamp errors? If all that is too much to speculate on, just tell me what I should do fix and I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)