Sharp LC46X20E sound turning down

Jsyshaggy
New User

Oct 24, 2017, 5:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (737 views)
Shortcut
Sharp LC46X20E sound turning down Can't Post

Hi,
I recently moved the tv from the garage where it worked fine back into the house and am having a problem with the sound and menu options.
When I turn it on if there is any volume on the bar the menu pops up and keeps scrolling, the volume eventually turns itself completely down and the cycle then stops but the volume bar normally stays on.
If I turn the volume up again using the tv controls the cycle starts again until completely down again. Most times the remote is unresponsive but on the off chance I can use it this triggers the cycle again.
To eliminate the problem I’ve tried removing the batteries from the remote and just using the tv but this has no effect so I opened the tv up and disconnected the buttons but it again cycles until down. I’ve also tried disconnecting the iR board but again no joy and to see if any if anything was stuck had all the boards out in case something was lodged. Whilst everything was out I’ve checked all the boards and can’t see anything burnt out nor is there a smell to any of them. I’m now trying to establish which if any of the boards need replacing. I’ve found all the main boards online for a small cost.

Any help appreciated

Jsyshaggy
New User

Oct 24, 2017, 5:54 PM

Post #2 of 2 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jsyshaggy] Sharp LC46X20E sound turning down [In reply to] Can't Post

In addition it doesn’t seem to have any volume even when the volume is up and the menu scrolls regardless of where the volume bar sits

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)