Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Shop diagnosis: Change "switch assembly" on Sony KV13FS110. Such a thing?

DavidP
New User

Dec 1, 2004, 3:16 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Shop diagnosis: Change "switch assembly" on Sony KV13FS110. Such a thing? Can't Post

I took my Sony KV13FS110 set into a local repair shop for a free estimate. I had had a spontaneous volume increase while watching it, and if you tried to lower the volume with the remote, it would just cycle back to maximum when you let up on Volume-Down button. Also, no other inputs would respond (e.g. channel change) either from the remote on when punched on the chassis.

I got a message yesterday from the repair shop that the "switch assembly" needed to be changed ... $65 plus tax.

Questions: Is there such a thing as a switch asssembly? Does it relate to the problem? Should the repair shop balk at giving me the old part?

Many, many thanks in advance for some feedback from an expert on this.

mel
Veteran

Dec 2, 2004, 1:04 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavidP] Shop diagnosis: Change "switch assembly" on Sony KV13FS110. Such a thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not yet have a technical package on that specific model but it sounds like the volume up button (switch) is stuck in the closed position which would cause your condition. Most of the time, these are individual switches but occasionally they will mount them all on one bracket which requires the whole thing to be replaced. There should be no problem in them returning the old switch, in fact, in our state it is required if requested.

minehunter
User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavidP] Shop diagnosis: Change "switch assembly" on Sony KV13FS110. Such a thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it does have a switch assy. They are changed as a complete unit. the problem usually occurs from the way the screen is cleaned. Most people spray cleaner on the screen and some of it runs down between the CRT and the plastic. This causes corrosion on the board and switch assy. In the future spray your cleaner on the cloth first, it will prevent this problem.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)