Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony 32KDL4000 picture problem

65HDX82
New User

Feb 19, 2011, 1:19 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Sony 32KDL4000 picture problem Can't Post

So I picked up 2 32KDL4000 TVs this week. One had the LCD scrambled on 2/3 of the screen, the other would not power on but the LCD was supposed to be good. I took the LCD from the one that would not power on and put it in the one that had the bad LCD. Now I am getting this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InpjibB8CXs

My searching has made me think it is the T Con board so we changed the T con from the parts unit and the display remained the same. Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance!

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 19, 2011, 5:38 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [65HDX82] Sony 32KDL4000 picture problem [In reply to] Can't Post

The model numbers of the TV's "matched." Just because Main model matches - is NO guarantee that everything else will.

Did the LCD numbers "match"? Any driver board and does that number "match?"

Might help to show: "One had the LCD scrambled on 2/3 of the screen,"

-------------------------

65HDX82
New User

Feb 19, 2011, 7:01 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2053 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your reply! The TVs are the same model number, both manufactured in March of 2008. I never thought to check the parts but they sure all looked and functioned identically. On a side note, the one that had 2/3 of the screen messed up (diagnosed bad LCD from reading this board) would act better when I pushed the TV in a certain direction. I took the bezel and frame off and tried with the credit card around the ribbon connectors but there was no change. The messed up thing is, the top third of the screen was perfect so I figured that all the other electronics were fine. Now I swap the LCD from this identical set and the whole screen is haywire. Grrrrr.

65HDX82
New User

Feb 19, 2011, 7:04 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2052 views)
Shortcut

I just got a gig at an Electronics recycling company selling things for them on ebay. I am not rich so I am desperately trying to piece together something for my family that is better than what we have right now, which is a 27" CRT Magnavox, lol. I will double check that all the parts have matching numbers on them, but I am pretty sure they do. Is there a chance it could be that short little ribbon that attaches the T Con board to the LCD board?

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 19, 2011, 9:03 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2048 views)
Shortcut

Unplug - clean - plug back in. Repeat until run out of wires. Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)