Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Bravia KDL-46NX700 black screen, sound OK.

Rangz
New User

Dec 29, 2020, 12:51 PM

Post #1 of 1 (858 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia KDL-46NX700 black screen, sound OK. Can't Post

Hi, new here, went out looking for where to ask for help after trying on Reddit without luck.
I will spare you the long story.

My KDL-46NX700 started acting up a while back, inverting colors like an Instagram filter, a restart fixed it. After a while it started going black instead, but a restart fixed it. Untill recently when restarting didnt help.

I hear sound still.

Never having looked inside a tv I went to youtube for help, figured out its probably the Tcon board, since the backlights seems to be working. Orderd a new one and put it in (I have avoge basic knowledge about electronics like that, but far away from an expert!).
Still black.
Found somewhere that the Tcon needs to be ”paired” with the other components by doing a firmware update. Tried to do this, but no luck, could be because I already have that update installed? Tried factory reset, didnt help.

Here are pictures of front and back: https://imgur.com/t/tvrepair/kt4GvkG
I know it looks like different shades in the screen but its the neoghbours guarden lights.

I tried starting the tv with different wires disconnected and the tv eighter didnt start at all or went standby(red)-on(green)-standby(red).

I dont know the next step here, and now the mrs is telling me to get it fixed or get rid of it, apparently a tv in pieces is not a nice looking accessory in the livingroom..

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)