Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Bravia KDL-52W5100 - Left side ghosting

Kopey
New User

May 5, 2017, 8:26 PM

Post #1 of 1 (911 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia KDL-52W5100 - Left side ghosting Can't Post

Heh everyone. I've been dealing with this issue for a year now. I have major dark ghosting on the left facing side of the television. However, if I leave it on for an hour or so and then turn it off and right back on, it goes away. It used to only take 10 minutes but now it seems to take almost an hour before it's warmed up enough to turn it off and on and fix the problem. It got to the point that I was leaving the thing on 24/7. I probably paid more on my power bill keeping the thing on than what a new tv would have cost me. Lol. Anyways, I read a ton online and everything was pointing to my tcon board. I just replaced it today with a new one and it's doing the same thing. No change. I should also mention that 3 out of the 4 HDMI ports no longer work either. I believe HDMI 4 is the only HDMI port that works. All other types of inputs function fine. So my question is do I just have a bad panel or could the main board with the non-working HDMI ports be causing this type of problem? Could the D4N board on that side be causing it? I previously took the frame apart and exposed all the tabs. I played around with those but it made no difference. I know it's a common fix on a lot of these models.

Here is a short video so you can see what it's doing. Just focus on the left side and you will see what I mean. Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert

http://digitalorange.ca/bravia/sonybravia_kdl-52w5100.MOV

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)