Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Bravia backlight issue- KDL series

Lolmynamesdan
New User

May 14, 2017, 12:50 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1214 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia backlight issue- KDL series Can't Post

Hello! I am having some trouble trying to diagnose an issue with my Sony Bravia. I think I have it narrowed down to an issue with the backlight but can't be entirely sure.
Here is some information about the problem.
TV is a Sony Bravia model KDL-32BX420, with a manufacturer date of 09/2011.
The TV when plugged in and off will display a static red standby light, and when "powered on" it will display a static green power light. I've opened up the back of the TV and from what I can SEE, no capacitors are bulging/leaking and none of the resistors show any sign of burning. When the TV is turned on(either with the panel on the unit or with the remote) there is no longer any audible "click" from a relay being switched on, nor does the TV's booting audio play. Before this issue, both of those could be heard when the TV was powered on.
Currently with the power on, I can shine a flashlight at the screen and see the image on the screen, albeit very faintly. The image on the screen can be seen with or without the backlight inverter being plugged in.

This issue started roughly a month ago, and before hand, there was what appeared to be a faint black mark roughly 4 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide near the left center of the screen that had been there for quite awhile, at least over a year. Around the time this issue started, I was able to get the TV on and working properly by turning on and off the TV multiple times until it powered on and worked normally. A few weeks ago I decided that I didn't want to chance having this issue happen again so I decided to leave the TV on at all times, and it was never turned off for about 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Last night, our power was shut off, and after having power restored, the TV has yet to come back on to operating normally. I'm at a stand still on what the issue could be and am looking for some advice on where to go from here.

Thank you

jts1957
Veteran

May 14, 2017, 1:22 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lolmynamesdan] Sony Bravia backlight issue- KDL series [In reply to] Can't Post

http://imgur.com/a/mdOpD

-------------------------

cartgen
New User

May 27, 2017, 11:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lolmynamesdan] Sony Bravia backlight issue- KDL series [In reply to] Can't Post

Service manuals for your model:
https://servicemanuals.us/...420&limitstart=0

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)