Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded

alanesq
New User

Aug 26, 2016, 4:12 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded Can't Post

Hi,

I have been given a Sony T.V. model KDL46W5710 which suddenly stopped working (vertical lines on the screen).

I have taken the t-con board out as this I understand is a common problem with these TVs and sure enough it has clearly failed as demonstrated by large black skid marks on both sides of the board
see picture here - http://alanesq.com/temp/tv.jpg

I am now wondering if it is worth trying a replacement board or do you think this most likely a symptom of problems elsewhere and the new board will just go the same way?

any advice gratefully received

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 26, 2016, 5:10 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanesq] Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded [In reply to] Can't Post

I am now wondering if it is worth trying a replacement board or do you think this most likely a symptom of problems elsewhere and the new board will just go the same way?

That's what will be answered by your replacing the board.

-------------------------

alanesq
New User

Aug 26, 2016, 5:15 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded [In reply to] Can't Post

lol - yes I agree, I just wondered if it is unusual/significant that it failed so violently before I spend money on one

btw - where is the best/cheapest place to order a replacement board

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 26, 2016, 10:16 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanesq] Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded [In reply to] Can't Post

where is the best/cheapest place to order a replacement board

T-cons "R" Us ?

-------------------------

alanesq
New User

Aug 27, 2016, 9:40 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sony Bravia t.v. t-con board has exploded [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your help

I have decided it is not worth the risk so if anyone wants it let me know asap as it will be going to the tip (i am near Nottingham)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)