Sony KDL-40V2000 4 Flash

Homer.
New User

Dec 2, 2012, 9:43 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3998 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDL-40V2000 4 Flash Can't Post

Hi guys

Hope you can help me out, my Sony TV decided it would give up the ghost this afternoon which is rather upsetting.

Left it for a while, came back and saw the standby LED blinking in a 4 flash sequence... thought it was some weird standby alas not.

Have been doing some research and have narrowed it down to either the inverters or the ccfls in the panel itself, is it usually the inverter or the panel? I did get a dying-capacitor type of noise from the right hand side of the TV (looking at it as you would do if watching it) before going to the 4 blink code pattern.

I did manage to get a few seconds of life out of it just now, I wasn't expecting it to work so didn't get to see if all ccfl's lit but it looked OK?

So... in short, do we think dying inverter or a tempermental ccfl in the panel?

Cheers all

Hope I can put something back into this forum at some point.

Steve

mel
Veteran

Dec 2, 2012, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Homer.] Sony KDL-40V2000 4 Flash [In reply to] Can't Post

Four blinks indicates backlight failure

ashusin
New User

Jan 26, 2013, 9:07 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3481 views)
Shortcut

Hi homer

Did you manage to resolve your problem. Incredibly I got the same problem to same model few weeks back

Homer.
New User

Jan 27, 2013, 9:18 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashusin] Sony KDL-40V2000 4 Flash [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ashusin

I actually did! I pulled the set apart to get the part numbers and look for any obvious failures, and after I put it all back together it worked fine and has done since!

Check the inverter cabling, I think some of it worked its way loose.

Good luck :)

ashusin
New User

Jan 27, 2013, 9:42 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Thanks

Would try that today

Carlos Mundo
New User

Oct 24, 2016, 8:57 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2111 views)
Shortcut

I've just repaired my 4 flash fault on my Sony KDL40V2000. After a few minutes of the tv working, I heard fizzing and the tv switched off. I removed the Inverter board and the clear plastic insulator between the 2 inverter boards and the metal panel back had a very small black hole - i.e. shorting.

I taped some plastic as an extra insulator on the clear plastic and fault cured. I think the heat of the panel allows the plastic insulator to break down after a few minutes. Be careful, the Inverter panel is high voltage.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)