Sony KDL- 55EX500 colour problem

Yllzarith
New User

Jul 1, 2016, 6:11 PM

Post #1 of 1 (860 views)
Shortcut
Sony KDL- 55EX500 colour problem Can't Post

Hello,

I'm trying to help my sister with a colour issue on her Sony LCD tv, and I stumbled across this forum while Googling about the problem. I'm hoping someone with experience in these things could provide some direction.

Problem info:
• Sony KDL- 55EX500
• Picture colours are wrong (e.g. it seems to me that yellowish colours are rendered bright pink).
• Areas on faces or other surfaces exposed to light sources are overly white, with severe borders between brightest and less bright areas.
• Other colours seem washed out.
• TV menus appear to be unaffected.
• External device menus (e.g. cable box) are affected.

Pictures that show the issue:

Troubleshooting I've already tried:
I have no experience with TV repairs, but I tried adjusting picture settings. I was able to reduce the pink primarily by reducing the 'Picture' setting, but colours remained somewhat washed out, and bright areas of the picture (such as where a light source is shining on a face or surface) are over bright.

This issue occurs in various viewing modes (gaming, standard, movie, etc.), on all the input types I tried (composite, component, HDMI), and from different sources (DVD, game console, cable box).

Thanks very much, in advance, for any advice. Please let me know if I can provide any other information that would be helpful.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)