Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KP-43T70 Video Problem

Jim C.
New User

Jun 19, 2004, 1:02 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2761 views)
Shortcut
Sony KP-43T70 Video Problem Can't Post

Hi all, this is my first post to this forum. My problem is as follows: My 43" Sony has audio but no video. The red timer/stand by Light flashes in quick multiples of five. Hopefully some one on the forum can diagnose my problem. Since I have audio it appears that the low voltage side has no problem. I'm by no means a repairman but it appears that I have a high voltage problem. Before I call in a repairman I would like to have some knowledge in reference to my problem. I'm retired and money doesn't grow on trees in my yard. Any assistance that can be provided on my problem will be deeply appreciatedSmile
Thanks For Your Time
JimCrazy

(This post was edited by Jim C. on Jun 19, 2004, 1:08 AM)

mel
Veteran

Jun 19, 2004, 9:01 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jim C.] Sony KP-43T70 Video Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to www.iwaynet/**nesda/SonyBlink.html or do a google search for Sony diagnostic codes.

Jim C.
New User

Jun 20, 2004, 5:47 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KP-43T70 Video Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel, really appreciate the site information you furnished me referencing Sony Blinking Codes. I will have some knowledge on my video problem when I talk to the repairman. It is nice to know that there are people like you that is willing to help his fellow man
Thanks Again
JimSmile

mostinc
New User

Feb 10, 2005, 12:54 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2445 views)
Shortcut

UnsureHi! I have been trying to help the Animal Rescue Foundation near here with their KP61V85 Sony Rear Projection TV...working fine until this morning when no video or audio. Had them do a power reset and move the plug to the wall. Get 4 flashes of standby/timer LED on power up. I have spent 4 hours searching the web and also trying the sites listed in the forum to find out what this diagnostic code is telling me...no luck. The links you used are no longer working. I cannot believe that with all the searching in google and related links that there is not one place that everyone goes to find out what the Sony Diagnostic Code means? Any help out there?

Michael

mel
Veteran

Feb 10, 2005, 10:58 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mostinc] Sony KP-43T70 Video Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Four blinks indicates no vertical deflection (V STOP). Check the vertical out IC and associated components. I do not have any technical info on this model so I can't be more specific.

mostinc
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 1:21 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2430 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Mel. I will order a manual...saw some DVD manuals on the internet for about $30. I hate to do a board swap so I may just see if it is possible to find the faulty IC. By the way, for the benefit of other readers...just prior to this problem there was a clicking sound and also the video went blurry.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)