Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV-27TS20 No picture and no sound

blissdescending
New User

Feb 25, 2005, 11:01 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV-27TS20 No picture and no sound Can't Post

My television has preety much died. It powers on and off, the red light blinks, but there is isn't anything on the screen. Just like it's turned off.
Is this something that can be fixed/worth fixing or do I need a replacement.

Mel
27" Sony Trinitron from Jul 1990

mel
Veteran

Feb 26, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blissdescending] Sony KV-27TS20 No picture and no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

How many times does the light blink? With a set that old, unless it something really simple, it is questionable as to whether it is worth spending ANY money on because it is probably appraoching the useful life of the picture tube

blissdescending
New User

Feb 26, 2005, 10:57 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KV-27TS20 No picture and no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

The light just blinks once, like it usually did when I turned it on. Although, it does stay lit for awhile, a few seconds or so. Not sure if that's the same or not, never really paid attention to it that closely.

Mel

mel
Veteran

Feb 28, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blissdescending] Sony KV-27TS20 No picture and no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

The only conclusion that I can reach from your described symptoms is a bad microprocessor. This just backs up my original suggestion that it is probably time to start shopping for a new set. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)