Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV-27V26 - Lost video. Dusted & works. Outlook?

draktopher
New User

Apr 29, 2005, 4:00 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1216 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV-27V26 - Lost video. Dusted & works. Outlook? Can't Post

Sony KV-27V26, built in Oct '97. The video suddenly went out.

I would turn it on and it would be fine for 10-60 seconds, then the picture would compress into a 1' horizontal picture for 5-10 seconds and then it would go blank until the next time I'd turn it on. If I'd turn it off & right back on, it'd just go right to a blank screen. Audio is always okay.

I don't do TV repair, but did read up on it & Sony's common blanking problem (esp for time when mine was built.)

I opened it up to try to adjust the voltage & see if I can "buy some time." Very dusty. I blew it out with a can of compressed air. Turned the TV on and it worked fine! It's been on for about an hour and is okay. Never had to touch the voltage adjuster.

Anyone have any idea how long I can expect this TV to work? Was the excessive dust allowing it to short somewhere? Any possible damage caused or things that might give me trouble in the future? Anything preventative I should do?

Thanks!

wayne boyd
New User

Apr 29, 2005, 2:01 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [draktopher] Sony KV-27V26 - Lost video. Dusted & works. Outlook? [In reply to] Can't Post

yer not long!

In Reply To

resolder the frame chip that will cure it my friend

mel
Veteran

Apr 30, 2005, 12:51 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [draktopher] Sony KV-27V26 - Lost video. Dusted & works. Outlook? [In reply to] Can't Post

You probably have a bad solder joint in the vertical section and in the course of dusting, it remade contact. It might last a few minutes ao a long time but I would guess not to long. Check the solder joints around IC501 and touch up any that look questionable. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacment for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)