Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV27FS13 Geometry issues

archrival
New User

Apr 10, 2005, 10:09 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV27FS13 Geometry issues Can't Post

I hooked up my computer to my TV via S-Video to play some video games with my friend, he noticed that the screen video from my PC was being cutoff from the left hand side. He said "hey, you know, I can move the picture over so it looks right". He thinks he knows everything about electronics because he's a PC tech. I said ok (my fault), so he proceeds to totally screw up the geometry on my TV! Instead of moving the picture to the left, he messed with something and now it's all crooked and it's pissing me off. He tried to fix it but he just made it worse. Anyone know how he got to the menu he was at? Also, anyone have the same TV and maybe give me the settings he changed? Thanks for any help you can provide.

(This post was edited by archrival on Apr 10, 2005, 10:11 PM)

Jakestah
New User

Apr 10, 2005, 10:59 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [archrival] Sony KV27FS13 Geometry issues [In reply to] Can't Post

What video card you have?

mel
Veteran

Apr 10, 2005, 11:22 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1524 views)
Shortcut

Your best bet is to go to www.samswebsite and download E:Fact number 4729 for $20. It will give you the menu access instructions as well as the recommended parameters. Incidentally, accessing the service menu by anyone without proper knowledge and experience is not recommended. What happened to you is often the final result.

(This post was edited by mel on Apr 10, 2005, 11:26 PM)

archrival
New User

Apr 11, 2005, 1:20 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KV27FS13 Geometry issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it easy to fix? It looked simple. If I put what that manual has, I should be ok right? I'll just make him pay for the manual. And never let him near my TV again!

mel
Veteran

Apr 11, 2005, 6:35 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1516 views)
Shortcut

The instructions are fairly explicit and if followed closely, should not create a problem.

archrival
New User

Apr 26, 2005, 1:22 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony KV27FS13 Geometry issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I actually was able to go to the library because they had a copy of that tech doc. I matched the values and it's not really close. I noticed now in doorways that it's not a straight line, kind of wavy. It never used to be that way. The doc actually gave me an initial value and an on-set value. What's the difference, I noticed some of the initial values worked better for somethings and the onset better for others. I basically just need help with the wavy vertical lines. Any suggestions as to what values need to be changed?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)