Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony KV 2900, shrunk picture

Danny1952
New User

Apr 3, 2005, 3:16 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1395 views)
Shortcut
Sony KV 2900, shrunk picture Can't Post

A professional TV repair technician probably wouldn't strangle me after 10 minutes of "technical talking", but I can't claim that I have mastered electronics, so bear with me. I have an older TV Set (Sony KV 2900) which began to display a stripe (luminous) at about 5 to 6 inches from the top, thus distorting the picture, similar to what you may see if you look into a "funny mirror". With time, matters got worse and the picture began to shrink to the extent of having only an area of about 10 inches high in the middle of the screen. Needles to say that it is no longer watchable. Does anybody know which electronic part causes that and more importantly, on which board is located, so it could be replaced? The damn thing is so heavy that I get discouraged by the idea of taking it to a repair shop and so far I didn't find any "in house" technicians willing to come to my place to fix it. I live in Los Angeles. Thank you in advance for any help.

mel
Veteran

Apr 3, 2005, 9:48 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danny1952] Sony KV 2900, shrunk picture [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not have a listing for that specific model number but this one looks close. Vertical foldover may be caused by deterioration of electrolytic capacitors C506, C524, C525 and C530. If you are located near Lakewood, call 1A1 TV Repair at (562) 425 2423. I believe that Jesse makes service calls. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

(This post was edited by mel on Apr 3, 2005, 9:59 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)