Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony LCD help

Rusty
New User

Mar 7, 2024, 9:26 PM

Post #1 of 1 (92 views)
Shortcut
Sony LCD help Can't Post

Hi all. I have a Sony KDL-55EX720. While watching tv last night the screen suddenly had like a screenshot of the show over the top. What we were watching was still visible over 100% of the screen, it just had an overlay, kind of like burn-in. The overlay image wasn’t full color, it was almost white. I switched the input to another hdmi channel that didn’t have anything connected so that it was all black. The overlay was still there but it gradually started turning black. Maybe took 5min for the screen to go completely black. Once the whole screen changed to black, I switched back to the original hdmi channel (with picture) and it was back to normal. But after less than a minute, you could see the brighter vertical lines creeping back until it would cover almost 3/4 off the screen from right to left. You could still see the full show, just with a patch of brightness over the top. It didn’t like like a screenshot anymore, just bright white. And I could repeat the process of going to a black screen and it channeling black etc. Any thoughts what it might be? T-CON?
Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)