Sony TV Faulty

ldare2000
New User

Mar 15, 2005, 2:09 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1774 views)
Shortcut
Sony TV Faulty Can't Post

Hi,

I have a Sony 28" Nicam KV X2972U, I would really like some help.

The TV was working fine, now when I switch it on it goes to standby, when I try to switch it on it makes the usuall sounds and then goes back to standby, after a few attempts to get it out of standby the lights on the front begin to flash.

There are 2 red leds that are on during normal use. The right one flashes 3 times and then the left one flashes once, then again the right 2 times and so on,

Sometimes if i am lucky when i switch it on I can see a few narrow lines before it goes back to standy by.

Is there is simple repair & part or should I bin it ?

Cheers

Lou

mel
Veteran

Mar 16, 2005, 12:46 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ldare2000] Sony TV Faulty [In reply to] Can't Post

The three blinks indicates a B+ overvoltage protection shutdown and the 2 blinks indicate a B+ overcurrent protection shutdown. Both of these conditions are caused by a problem in the power supply. If the set is over 5 years old, I would not spend any more money on it because (depending on useage) it is probably approaching it's CRT useful life. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)