Sony chassis AE-1 "lost of tuning on some channels"

echf
New User

Mar 8, 2005, 10:59 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1121 views)
Shortcut
Sony chassis AE-1 "lost of tuning on some channels" Can't Post

Hi,
I ve a problem on my TV SONY Chassis AE-1.
Symptom : sometimes, some channels become untuned (more after cold startup of the TV). I have in this case to re-tune the lost channels, save them and it will work fine again (next to TV shutdown). Note : not all channels may be untuned (some channels could be well tuned, but others lost ..)
Please, could you help me in recommending what component could be defective ? memory ? battery ? defective capacitor ?

Thanks for your help

mail : echf@free.fr

mel
Veteran

Mar 9, 2005, 12:53 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [echf] Sony chassis AE-1 "lost of tuning on some channels" [In reply to] Can't Post

Sony had a problem with bad solder joints in the tuner on some models. Check the solder joints in the tuner from the PC board to the tuner case and resolder those which look grainy or cracked. You may have to use a magnifying glass to spot them. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10848674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set.

echf
New User

Mar 14, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sony chassis AE-1 "lost of tuning on some channels" [In reply to] Can't Post

BINGO ! Wink

I've resold all joins on tuner A1 board, and I never had to retune any channel anymore since 3 days , and moreover, the TV picture seams to have a better quality now!! ...

Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)