Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony has sound but no picture

windwrd01
New User

Feb 23, 2003, 8:48 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3477 views)
Shortcut
Sony has sound but no picture Can't Post

Hello, I have a Sony Trinitron model# KV-27S26, There is no picture (black screen) but you can hear the station that the cable box is on, and the standby light just flashes for at least 20min (no more patients after that). It started yesterday when I was playing a video in the VCR and the picture went out but the sound stayed. I turned the TV and VCR off. I turned the TV back on everything worked for the rest of the day. Today I was playing a video in the VCR and the same thing happened but this time the TV did not show a picture again. I routed the cable directly to the TV and still no picture but you can hear the station. I unplugged the TV first for 10 min and no change the I unplugged the TV for 2 to 3 hours and still no change. I unplugged the TV and plugged it in again and turned it on, the screen had a bright white line across the top for about a second or so then went black. The sound still works. Is my TV dead or can it be fixed? Can I fix it myself? Help please.

trinidex
New User

Jun 15, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windwrd01] Sony has sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

I don't have an answer for your problem, but I am experiencing it also with my 27FS12

Have you made any progress with your set?

Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)