Still can't fix my friggin' TV...HELP

Weston
New User

Jan 18, 2005, 1:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Still can't fix my friggin' TV...HELP Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I have posted parts of this post before but I'm still in the process of fixing it. My main problem is that I don't know where to get the capacitors and parts I need. I went to radio shack, they didn't have them, I went to their site, and I can't find them. I need C301, C305, and C308; maybe C301. If you do a search for those at radioshack.com nothing comes up. What's the real name of these capacitors so I can find the exact ones? CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME A LINK TO WHERE I CAN BUY THESE EXACT CAPACITORS ONLINE? Also, can I just solder these capacitors back on the board after I remove the bad ones and everything should work again? Below is my initial post of what's wrong with my TV.

I really need to fix my TV and figured you guys could help me out. I did a thorough search and could only find one somewhat similar match to my make, model, and actual problem. (http://www.tv-forums.com/...iba;guest=395507#591) .
Thing is, I'm not so sure that this is exactly what's going on with my TV, so I'd hate to waste time on it, since my time is pretty limited. My TV is a TOSHIBA CF3062A. The screen is not only stretched vertically, but it also flips part of the screen upside down towards the bottom section. Which can't be seen in the photo once the TV has warmed up; the flipped section is off screen at that point. I tried adjusting the screen controls inside the TV because I used to mess with Arcade Machine Screens at a video game company I used to work for, but they just can't compensate enough for the amount of stretch of the flipping of the screen at the bottom.

Here is a photo of my actual TV and what it looks like: http://www.twentyonerest.com/...s/ToshibaCF3062A.jpg

Thank you for listening and I appreciate any help. Please make sure your diagnosis isn't rushed, my wife will make me throw this thing out if I spend too much time on it. (crack the whip) haha. Also, random question...do they make a connector so you can hook up RCA (red, white, yellow) cables to a coaxial RF input for TV's that only come with that type of input? Thanks. Please email me at the address below if possible since this site doesn't notify when replies are made; or at least it doesn't work for me.

Weston
x21restx@yahoo.com

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 18, 2005, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Weston] Still can't fix my friggin' TV...HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

you should be able to get a vertical rebuild kit for your model tv from wehaveparts.com or fixyourowntv.com they will have the parts you need

minehunter
User

Jan 24, 2005, 3:52 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Weston] Still can't fix my friggin' TV...HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have found the capacitors then you should be able to get them at radio shack. the numbers you are looking for are printed on the Caps them selves. They have numbers like .47uf @100v or 33uf@16v. This is the value of the cap.

The C301 is the physical location that the TV manf assigns.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)