Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV No Power After Lightning Strike Trying to repair

LeoDB66
New User

Aug 16, 2018, 11:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (746 views)
Shortcut
TV No Power After Lightning Strike Trying to repair Can't Post

Last week a a very close lightning strike rendered my TV completely dead.
It also damaged the wireless router that was attached to the TV via network cable. The TV is a Samsung UN70KU6300FXZA. I have replaced the power board but that didn't help but here is where my question lies.
When I unplugged the main board from the power board the backlight of the TV popped on. Does this mean that the main board is bad and not the power supply? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The TV is less than 2 years old.
Just thought this info might help. The TV,Router,Cable Box, Sound Bar are all connected to a Monster surge protector when I looked at Surge protector the protected light was on and the Sound Bar and Cable Box are fine.

(This post was edited by LeoDB66 on Aug 16, 2018, 12:00 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 18, 2018, 5:46 AM

Post #2 of 2 (724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeoDB66] TV No Power After Lightning Strike Trying to repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Samsung has LED light test - if either end of Main Board to Power Board cable is detached, LEDs will light.
If with the cable connected your are not getting a Power On voltage change from the Main Board to the Power Board as you try to turn On set, then Main Board is suspect.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)