TV Wont Turn On

thomas_toy
New User

Nov 14, 2004, 11:56 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1904 views)
Shortcut
TV Wont Turn On Can't Post

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, and I have a question.

I recently woke up one morning and turned on the TV. It clicked and gave a faint white clow, towards the center of the TV, and kinda just died on me. Its not even that old: manufactured in July 1995.

Here are the specs for the TV:

Make: Panasonic
Type: CRT Tube
Size: 32"
Model #: CT-31G30T
Chassis #: ANEDP252

I am a electrical engineer, and I would like to repair it myself rather than paying someone to do it.

I opened the TV up, and everything looked fine--no burn marks on the boards near any components, but I did notice that the fuse looked burned. it has a 4A 125V rating. So, I replaced it, hoping that it might be some protective circuitry protecting the TV. WHen I powered it back up, and tried to turn on the TV, it clicked once, like it normally does and for a brief moment I heard the usual high pitch noise produced by the tube, and then nothing.

This TV has been watched alot!!!!!! But, I would hate to lose this TV, even though I went out yesterday and bought a replacement 32" HDTV!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions for me as how to repair it, or can anybody give me some guidelines as to what I should check for/inspect.

Thanks!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)