Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV blows main fuse

jvcuser1
New User

Apr 16, 2005, 2:19 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1778 views)
Shortcut
TV blows main fuse Can't Post

I have a zenith tv model #SL2767W that keeps blowing the main fuse when the tv is plugged in. What could be the problem here?

minehunter
User

Apr 16, 2005, 9:34 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jvcuser1] TV blows main fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that model has a smps module that can be easily changed and teh price for the whole board is about $95. The problems the SL line had was that they had very inferior Picture tubes.. I don't know that I would even wory about reapiring it. i saw new 27 inch sets at walmart today for 169.

mel
Veteran

Apr 16, 2005, 9:34 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1768 views)
Shortcut

The most common cause of this failure is either a shorted diode in the bridge rectifier or more likely the volatge regulator (STR53041) which seems to have an extremely high failure rate in Zeniths. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Hect7369
User

Apr 22, 2005, 7:28 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1711 views)
Shortcut

SmileYou got a short in Power supply/HV/Horizontal Transistor.If you have the proper knowledge how to do it,you will do it.Zenith parts are not quite expensive.

Hect.

stan31
User

Apr 22, 2005, 3:12 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] TV blows main fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

in that model tv the picture tube would short sending a surge thru the flyback xmer causing it to short.hope this helps.stan in florida

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)