Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV gone bad

Susan
New User

Mar 19, 2005, 9:54 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1461 views)
Shortcut
TV gone bad Can't Post

Hi, I hope someone can answer my question. I have a 46" Mitsubishi HD TV. I have had it 4 years...now you would think that paying $4,500 for a tv that it would last at least 10 years. Well, mine has started flashing colors of green, red and yellow while I watch it. I called up the people I bought it from. They said that they would have to come and get it to look at it. That they could not do it at my home... at a cost of $69.00.... He wouldn't even give me a clue...unless this hasn't happened to anyone before...I mean flashing colors would mean a specific problem...right?....but a 4 year old tv shouldn't be having major problems or so I think... Can anyone give me any clue as to what makes a TV flash colors?Smile

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2005, 6:53 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Susan] TV gone bad [In reply to] Can't Post

seen this before It did take a long time to trouble shoot this down but what we found was a cold solder joint on the yokes of the CRT's, these would intermitantly cause a loss of vertical and make the set apear to flash colors, using a dremel cut the plastic away and you can resolder most of this tiny board with a little trouble
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)