Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV hit by lightning but it still clicks?

Jfo
New User

Jun 2, 2005, 4:52 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1123 views)
Shortcut
TV hit by lightning but it still clicks? Can't Post

Ok I have posted about this tv on some forums here with no response..I think it it either the power supply that has gone out or HOPEFULLY just a fuse...I dont have the tv in my possesion now but will soon and was informed that it does indeed still click like the relay is working but its got no juice so my question is could the fuse just be blown and need replaced as opposed to the whole power supply being out?

reconmarine
New User

Jun 2, 2005, 10:10 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jfo] TV hit by lightning but it still clicks? [In reply to] Can't Post

Fuse is inline before the power supply, the fuse is designed to blow and cut power to everything, so a failed component does not damage other components or overheat and cause a fire. If you are still hearing a relay type click the board is getting power, and the fuse is good. If the surge came through the tuner (your cable or antenna) your problems are beyond the power supply.

Jfo
New User

Jun 2, 2005, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reconmarine] TV hit by lightning but it still clicks? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok so what you re saying is there is still power so then its not a power issue so my next question is this....this tv is an old Mitsubishi 70 inch so could it be the PIP card then .....if I were to bypass the PIP card would this have anything to do with it not turning on or having a picture atleast..by the way they told me that the LED on the front doesnt come on so if i have power i dont understand why it wont turn on

thanks

reconmarine
New User

Jun 4, 2005, 3:03 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jfo] TV hit by lightning but it still clicks? [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem is in the power supply, you cannot remove any cards from the circuit and have the set function, look for leaking caps or bad resistors.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)