Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV not responding at times to buttons or remote

elgi
New User

Jun 12, 2016, 4:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (793 views)
Shortcut
TV not responding at times to buttons or remote Can't Post

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a Sharp Aquos TV that is about 4 years old. Have never had any problems with the TV until this year. I recently moved and so didn't use the TV for a few months then when I went to turn it on it turned on normally but over the last few months I've had some issues with the TV.

It will sometimes turn on though not consistently. At times the TV doesn't respond to any buttons on the TV or on the remote. As in if the TV is on, sometimes I can't turn it off or change the volume or channel either with the remote or TV. So I unplug it and the TV Shuts off but then when I plug it back in I can't turn it back on either with the remote or buttons on TV. If I leave it alone for a few days or weeks then sometimes spontaneously if I push the on button it will turn on and will respond to all the buttons either on remote or TV again, but then after a while it stops responding and sometimes I can't turn it off again or on or change channels or input or anything.

Does anyone have any advice on what may be wrong and if there's an easy fix or should I take it in to a repair shop?

Thanks so much for any help.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 12, 2016, 7:38 PM

Post #2 of 2 (788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elgi] TV not responding at times to buttons or remote [In reply to] Can't Post

Main board most likely. Unimpressed

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)