Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image

t0nito
User

Aug 24, 2004, 12:16 AM

Post #1 of 6 (7461 views)
Shortcut
TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image Can't Post

Hi, I have a jocel 14" model JT-37N6 tv, I've looked for info on it on the internet and I couldn't find it anywhere. Probably a clone model of some other brand, I believe it's hitachi because I have another jocel model that is a clone of a hitachi. I've noticed 2 problems on the set first, when I press power on the remote the tv clicks and I can hear the HV normal high pitch barely noticeable whine, but nothing happens, no image or sound, I must press power to turn it off and then press it again to turn it back on. The other problems are picture distortion on bright images such as subtitles, the tv's osd etc. It also happens on the AV inputs so it's not a tuner/reception related problem. It also appears on dvd and even on my old nintendo. The tv came with this fault since new, But it didn't go to the warranty. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it fixable? What may be causing these strange distortions? I have posted some photos to show exactly what I mean:

http://t0nito.no.sapo.pt/tv/photo1.jpg
http://t0nito.no.sapo.pt/tv/photo2.jpg
http://t0nito.no.sapo.pt/tv/photo3.JPG
http://t0nito.no.sapo.pt/tv/photo4.JPG

On photo 4 the osd number should read 13, as you can see it's practically unreadable
please type URL on photo3 and 4 with CAPITAL extension (JPG) not (jpg)

Thank you Sly

(This post was edited by t0nito on Aug 24, 2004, 8:26 PM)

t0nito
User

Aug 25, 2004, 12:31 PM

Post #2 of 6 (7428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0nito] TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi I discovered that these tv's are made in china and are exported worldwide with different brands. I've also found out that some tv have a sanyo chip and others have a toshiba chip. Could the distortion be fixed through a service menu? I've tried to access the menu with sanyo and toshiba methods but with no luck. I'm also interested in accessing the service menu because I think the tv is over-overscanned (a bit wider and a bit taller, it's cuts a bit of the channels' logos)

t0nito
User

Sep 28, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #3 of 6 (7309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0nito] TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you for helping

a.coutinho
New User

May 8, 2005, 10:05 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7025 views)
Shortcut

Hello t0nito,

Presumo que sejas portugues, por isso vos escrever em portugues.

Tenho o mesmo modelo de televisor que o teu, e está bloqueado !!!!!

Quando se liga aparece a letras vermelhas sobre um fundo azul a dizer JOCEL.

Passado uns segundos, sobre o mesmo fundo azul, aparece no canto superior direito os seguintes dizeres:

ABTO

5.5M

Passados mais uns segundos, no mesmo fundo azul, e no canto inferior esquerdo um icon de um aloquete a vermelho.

No site da jocel, não consta este modelo.

Gosta de saber, se tens o manual de instruções deste TV e se esta situação esta contemplada.

Já tentei melhares de combinações de teclas, quer no comando quer no proprio aparelho.

Qualquer ajuda será bemvinda.

O meu mail é ant.coutinho@clix.pt

Obrigado

A.Coutinho

leozinho
New User

Oct 3, 2005, 12:23 AM

Post #5 of 6 (6629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a.coutinho] TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image [In reply to] Can't Post

Boas para entrar no mode service e muito simples, tecla alt do comando e volume menos no tv ate que apareca factory no tv (tecla alt é tecla ao lado direito da tecla P.P) qualquer duvida envia-me um email.

t0nito
User

Oct 5, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leozinho] TV standby -> power problem and horizontal distortion on image [In reply to] Can't Post

Muito obrigado pela resposta, eu consegui entrar no mode de serviço e consegui afinal V.size para o tamanho correcto, porém não consegui encontrar o H. size para reduzir tb para o tamanho normal percurri os menus com a tecla zoom e não encontrei... Não haverá um modo para fazer isso? Aproveitei para activar tb a opção 6.0 MHz e as outras linguas do OSD.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)