Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 25" making high pitched noise. (searched)

therealciviczc
New User

Nov 23, 2004, 8:36 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2122 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 25" making high pitched noise. (searched) Can't Post

My Toshiba 25 inch is making a horrible very loud high pitched whine. It only does this on occasion and mostly after being on for a while. Here is where it gets unique.

I tried to trouble shoot. I unhooked the coax from the TV, and it stoped. I assumed a signal problem in the cable. I hooked it back up and moved to the next spot to trace it out, the cable box. I unhooked the coax from the box (going up to the TV) and it kept whining, so I assumed a bad coax between the box and TV. I could repeat this with success. Unhook from TV, no noise, unhook same coax on box end, it does whine. Unhook anywhere further down the line, still whines.

The other day, it started again. I unhooked the cable from the TV, and it kept whining. If I touched the hard wire inside of the coax to the jack on the TV, it would stop. If I unhook everything, it still whines, so my bad cable theory is out the window. With nothing hooked up, it whines like crazy when on and not at all when shut off. I finally replaced all the coax just to be sure, and it still whines.

I tried plugging the TV in to the jack directly instead of the power strip (which I also replaced twice now), and it still whines.

The big kicker is that this TV is only around a year old, and it was purchased to replace one that.... drumroll.... whined all the time. Frown So does anyone have any idea what the hell is causing this? There seems to be no other device turned on at the same time, and both TVs did this no matter where they were plugged in (within my living room). Where can I look. I'm losing my mind here. It is REALLY loud, so it isn't just me. My girlfriend is ready to break the TV. I've switched cable companies, coax, cable boxes, powerstrips, conditioners, etc. Could this be a probblem in my home's wiring and if so, how can I correct this if the power conditioner didn't help?

One last thing. At any time, if it is whining, unhooking or touching the coax jack does seem make it change. On the flip side, it will whine when no coax is hooked up as well.

Thanks so much. Sorry so long, but I wanted to cover everything.

(This post was edited by therealciviczc on Nov 23, 2004, 8:40 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)