Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 27" 1989 black bands and distortion.

mrgoodwrench
New User

Oct 26, 2004, 12:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 27" 1989 black bands and distortion. Can't Post

I replaced caps C301= 2.2mfd, C305= 2.2mfd, C308= 220 mfd, C330= 10mfd. based on the many postings about this problem. I could not find either C342 or C345 which were mentioned in a few posts. The picture was distorted, with approx. a 2" black band at the bottom of the screen. The bottom of the picture was shrunk, the top of the picture was expanded. After repl. caps, the distortion is goneCool, but now the black band is still there. Also there is a new narrow black band at the top, with small flickering white lines or squares in it. Is there any way to expand the picture back up to normal height? My girlfriend is impressed that I got this far with her tv,Angelic please help me out. Thank you.

mel
Veteran

Oct 26, 2004, 9:19 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrgoodwrench] Toshiba 27" 1989 black bands and distortion. [In reply to] Can't Post

Without a model number, it is hard to say for sure but with a set that old, it probably has a has vertical height and linearity adjust pots on the main board. Adjust the height to expand the picture to cover the whole screen. To get rid of the white lines, turn the screen voltage down. This is done with the lower knob on the flyback transformer which is the transformer with the red wire leading up to the back of the CRT. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7509165 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)