Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 32A42A

army_sergeant
New User

Mar 27, 2005, 2:56 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2257 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 32A42A Can't Post

The problem I'm having with this set is that the menu appears on the screen randomly with no remote control input. Sometimes I can turn the menu off with the remote and other times it resets by itself. I've had the set into the shop twice for this problem. I've removed the PCB and touched up many of the solder connections, no help. Is there any way to disable the text input to the crt? The chassis# is TAC 0248. Is there a source where I can purchase a schematic? Any ideas? Thanks, Bill

mel
Veteran

Mar 27, 2005, 10:59 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [army_sergeant] Toshiba 32A42A [In reply to] Can't Post

Try cleaning the menu button switch. It may be sticky and making intermittent contact. Also eliminate the switch on the remote as a suspect by removing the batteries for a while to see what happens. You can go to www.samswebsite.com and download the Sams Efact for this set for $25. Also check www.forum.eserviceinfo.com. They may have a copy that you can download for free although I haven't had much luck there. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)