Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 35" Model# CF3566A

Robert I
New User

Jan 30, 2004, 3:48 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2298 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 35" Model# CF3566A Can't Post

I have a 35" Toshiba which I purchased 12 years ago with a wopping $1600 price tag. It was top of the line at the time.

3 weeks ago, I turned on the TV using the remote & got a quick flash on the LED & then it went dead. I took the back cover off & could hear a constant clicking sound which I could see & feel to be coming from one of the glass type fuses. The TV has no picture or sound. Prior to this the picture was excellent..really crisp & clear.

I had this same problem a year & a 1/2 ago with the exact same symptoms and ticking sound. I had it repaired with a cost of $222. I am looking at the repair bill. The parts replaced were one regulator IC Chip. One 25C3892A transistor and one 5A Pico type Fuse. With the exception of 2 glass fuses, I have no idea where these parts are located.The repairman who did work at the time told me that the picture tube was good. Unfortunately, I can not call him again since he is now out of business due to an illness.

I assume that there is probably some sort of power supply problem again, but am not sure. I do not believe that I can fix it, unless it's something easy to do, since I have no hands on experience. I only wish I did! However,I do have a lot of tools including a multimeter. I described the problem over the telephone to another repairshop in my area and was told that it would cost between $300-350 perhaps even more.

I really do not know what to do. I really like the set's features. But maybe it is too old. Do you think I should try repairing it on my own, have it repaired..or just buy another set. I just felt that $300-350 & who knows how much more was a bit excessive..What do you think?Unsure

Thanks for any suggestions.

mel
Veteran

Feb 1, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert I] Toshiba 35" Model# CF3566A [In reply to] Can't Post

If you shop around, you can buy a brand new set for a little more than the cost of repairs and you do not have to worry about something else crapping out next week.

Robert I
New User

Feb 1, 2004, 3:23 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Toshiba 35" Model# CF3566A [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'll wait for some to give me a few repair tips. Before I junk it....I might as well give it a try...I have tools..maybe it's an easy fix. I have priced a few new sets with less features than mine costing over $700.

So I think it's worth repairing...

Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)