Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 38D9UXE 38" projection TV

cslimdr
New User

Feb 26, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #1 of 2 (7181 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 38D9UXE 38" projection TV Can't Post

UnsureI bought a Toshiba 38 inches projection TV ( Model No. 38D9UXE) In July 2001 with a warranty period of one year. It broke down in November 2002. What happened was that when the TV was switched on, the sound came on for about one to two seconds before the whole TV went dead. A green light located at the centre of the front panel continued to blink. I called up the local Toshiba service centre, and they immediately knew what the problem was (probably a very common problem). A technician repaired the fault by changing a 'fused bulb'. Cost of the repair for parts and labour came close to $400. Warranty period for this repair was stipulated as one month for parts and labour. Unfortunately, the same problem recurred again last night! What I like to know is whether anybody out there has encountered the same problem with this TV and if so please advise. Your help is most appreciated. Thank you.

CS

BL_Thompson
TV Repair Authority

Feb 26, 2003, 7:40 AM

Post #2 of 2 (7161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cslimdr] Toshiba 38D9UXE 38" projection TV [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no information at all on this model. It's either not a Toshiba, or is an overseas model.

A "fused bulb"?? is this an LCD projector? If not, I assume you mean a "fuse". $400 to change a fuse is outrageous.
-----------------------
Bryan Thompson
Spyder Byte Services
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)