Toshiba 50L2333D black screen

Xenosis
New User

Mar 13, 2017, 1:12 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1281 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 50L2333D black screen Can't Post

Hello

Was hoping someone could help me find out why I got black screen on this TV after a power outage..

Model: Toshiba 50L2333D

When I plug power to TV, the standby led is red and when I press the power button on the remote, it turns green like it should, but no image..

I’ve tried connection a PC to one of the HDMI input to see if I could get sound. After some button smashing on the remote I was unable to get any sound.. (unsure if I’m even on the right channel)

I have a hard time seeing from the back if there is any light inside the TV..

So I decided to try to disassemble the TV, but after removing all the screws from the back I’m still unable to get the back cover off..

I can see there is a bezel on the front, which I’m unsure if I need to remove it to be able to remove the back cover.. I did try to remove the bezel in one corner, but it looks like the bezel is going to break if I remove it.. Have hard time getting the bezel corner attached properly again..

So anyone have experience with this model and can confirm I need to rip off the front bezel to disassembly this TV??

This is the time I try to repair a TV, I usually only do laptop and PC repairs.. But after some researching I think it is possible to fix, if I’m able to locate the faulty component inside the TV..

Can anyone tell what the common fault is when the screen is black after a power outage?

Thank you..

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)