Toshiba 50L4363D - I might have fried it

TheLlama
New User

Jul 19, 2016, 1:31 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 50L4363D - I might have fried it Can't Post

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

I have a Toshiba 50L4363D that after 10 days without use during summer vacation started behaving funny. It would display a good image, then after 5 secs an exact vertical ghost image, then after 5 secs back to good image again and so on, for all the time we used it. I looked around the internet and the closest I could come to the problem I have was some contact issue on the T Con board or ribbon cables.

As this week I am on a medical leave, I decided to fiddle around with it to see if I could fix the problem. So I opened it up and tried disconnecting the ribbon cables that run from the T Con to the LCD Panel. I found out that the left side was OK, while the right side was causing the ghosting. As I couldn't find any contact problems, I decided to start ruling out the possibilities, so I first tried swapping the ribbon cables, which showed no improvement - and then, I had the dumbest idea which might have fried something really significant Tongue

I decided to cross-test the T Con with the LCD Panel, and crossed the connection (Left ribbon cable to right connector, right ribbon cable to left). Of course it was a dumb idea and I only thought about the possibility of different pinouts afterwards.

Since then, I get backlight but no image whatsoever.

So here's my question: did I fry the LCD panel? Is there still hope to solve the problem by exchanging the T Con board? Do the ribbon cables power the LCD panel? I would guess that they wouldn't stand enough current to turn a 50`` LCD Panel on, but I might very well be wrong.

Any insights are appreciated!

Wish you all a nice day!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)