Toshiba 55HT1U black screen, no standby light or power light

brahmabull25
New User

Nov 10, 2018, 12:08 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 55HT1U black screen, no standby light or power light Can't Post

Hello all,

I am new to the forum so please excuse me if this problem has been answered already. I did a search on my TV model and didnt find the answer. Ok so here is the deal. I received this TV for free because the previous owner didnt want to mess with it. The tv would power on for a few seconds then shut off. I opened up the back and checked the Inverter boards and the right one was all burnt up which is apparantly a common thing for these toshibas. So I thought sweet, an easy fix. Bought the Master and Slave boards off of ebay as well as the connector. Installed them and nothing changed. So then I bought the Power supply board and installed that. Still no change. I then disconnected the ribbon cable that goes from one inverter board to the other. I disconnected the one that goes into the left inverter board and then the backlight stayed on. Usually the backlight would come on for a few seconds then turn off. So as the backlight was on, i tried to reconnect the ribbon cable and then the backlight turned off and now wont come on at all. I tested the standby volts on the power supply board and I get 5 volts. When I test the other pins like the 12 v and the 24 v, they read 0. When I plug in the tv, the only light that comes on is in the back of the tv by the all of the ports and it is red. Oh, I also replaced the main board and still no change Anyone got a clue of what I should do next? I appreciate you checking out my post. Thanks ahead of time!

Edit: Ok so I unplugged the right Inverter boards from the power supply board and tested the pins again. When I test the 12v pins and the 24v pins, I now get the proper readings. If I plug the inverter board back in, I get a 0 reading at the 12 and 24v pins.

Edit #2: Ok so I am confused. I unplugged the right inverter board on the power supply board and also unplugged the ribbon cable connected to the left inverter and now the tv seems like it is fixed. How can that be with one of the inverters disconnected from the power supply board?

(This post was edited by brahmabull25 on Nov 10, 2018, 1:59 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)