Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 65L9300U

chochy
New User

Nov 12, 2017, 4:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1852 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 65L9300U Can't Post

I recently aquired a Toshiba 65L930U. The TV will not turn on. When I plug it in there's a green led that's solid for 10 seconds, then it turns solid red. The previous owner had it looked at by a technician and he believed it was the main board. The problem is that there are no replacement parts available on ebay for this TV. When the main board boots up it has a green led that blinks twice, then pauses for a second, then repeats. After 20 seconds or so, the green led blinks 3 times, pauses for a second, then repeats. The board model is v28a001478b1 pe1131. Does anyone know where I can get this board repaired or have experience with this TV?

(This post was edited by chochy on Nov 12, 2017, 6:57 PM)

chochy
New User

Nov 13, 2017, 6:29 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chochy] Toshiba 65L9300U [In reply to] Can't Post

I finally found a board on tvrepairtips.org

chochy
New User

Nov 19, 2017, 3:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1819 views)
Shortcut

I installed the new board, and the TV booted up. I got a message on the bottom of the screen 'retail lock' I was able to unlock it, and reset the tv to factory settings. I went though the mini setup and selected 'home' use. The tv booted up and I still saw the 'retail lock message' I was able to upgrade the firmware a reset the tv 3 more times, but still have the retail lock message, making the tv useless. I spoke with a tech from where I bought the board, and he thought it was a memory problem with the board. I'm returning the board, and am now still looking for a replacement. It's unfortunate, because that was the only board I could find online.

chochy
New User

Jan 7, 2018, 11:14 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1474 views)
Shortcut

I was able to flash the firmware on the original board and it booted up and works.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)