Toshiba problem.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Scrat
New User

Oct 28, 2010, 2:29 AM

Post #26 of 33 (1073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scrat] Toshiba problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I put the new cap in last night, so far so good. All I have to do is get it out of the bedroom before the wife goes red army on it. It has been on for hours without shutting off as it did.

It wasn't hard to solder in place as I studied soldering techniques on Youtube. I do need to practice soldering though, it wasn't pretty but it worked.

I still don't trust this thing.

Scrat
New User

Oct 29, 2010, 2:24 AM

Post #27 of 33 (1066 views)
Shortcut

Back to square 1. Same problem, I'm going to go hunt up some more info.

Scrat
New User

Nov 2, 2010, 4:03 AM

Post #28 of 33 (1058 views)
Shortcut

Now the damn thing is working fine again. It shut off once since I repaired it. I took off the back today and the new capacitor seems normal. It was a little warm when I touched it. I'll check again if the problem returns. Meanwhile I hope this thread can help other people. I'm going to keep on researching.

thetechmagnet
New User

Dec 1, 2010, 7:01 AM

Post #29 of 33 (1038 views)
Shortcut

I also have problem My TV is 29" Toshiba Wide Bazooka( japanese made) model#28dw2e and my remote control unit is Toshiba CT-9567. I'm having problem in restoring it back to its full screen option to utilized its wider scenery. I'm also having problem in searching for its manual and having difficulties because all the resources given were in Japanese language. All the markings and specification of my TV unit and remote control unit were all in Japanese form
electronic gadgets
future technology

oppo bdp-80

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 1, 2010, 2:13 PM

Post #30 of 33 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thetechmagnet] Toshiba problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

If all else fails: Google translate or other online translation website. Wink

-------------------------

Scrat
New User

Dec 1, 2010, 4:16 PM

Post #31 of 33 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Toshiba problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw something about the remote and problems, unfortunately I didn't save it as mine works fine. My Toshiba still shuts down about once a week, not nearly as much. The capacitor replacement seems to have been an improvement but not the problems fix.

I've been researching as time allows and studying electronics. I also took apart some old comp monitors and have acquired a 32" Quasar TV for free. It works just fine. I still want to fix the Toshiba. I'm convinced it is a power supply problem but there is little out the that tells you how to troubleshoot it. Time is also a problem.

Scrat
New User

Dec 19, 2010, 8:37 PM

Post #32 of 33 (1014 views)
Shortcut

This is an update. I'm reasonably certain it's a loose connection somewhere. I was watching a movie the other night and it shut off. I got up and hit the side of the TV with my hand. It came on. I hit it again, it shut off. After kicking myself for not doing this the first time I took the back off, grounded myself and all of that and went over the wiring inside. Nothing is obviously loose. I turned it on and tried poking (very carefully) things with a plastic soup spoon. Nothing.

Any ideas? I even tried doing with the lights off.

Scrat
New User

Feb 10, 2011, 7:23 PM

Post #33 of 33 (990 views)
Shortcut

&nbsp;I think I got it. About a month ago I found an old 32 in in a heap of junk on a dead end road. I took the boards off of it just to play with. I was thinking about another problem I had years ago with a pneumatic control system on a piece of equipment at my job. It machined parts and went through a cycle. Sometimes it wouldn't start at all, it became hard to work with and after going over the various parts and finding nothing obviously wrong it occurred to me one night that it just may be the part that is used most and coincidentally, the most abused. The cycle start switch. It was not a button you pushed, it was a knob you slapped. Next day I replaced it and it worked perfectly. <br> Anyway I took the small black on/off switch off of the old power board I found and placed it one my Toshiba. Not a single problem since. I haven't messed with the old one, it's only the size of a gum drop but I think it was defective inside. <br> <br> Thanx JTS and I hope this will help people in the future. <br>

(This post was edited by Scrat on Feb 10, 2011, 7:37 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)