Tv repair tech

MaierTV
User

Aug 8, 2003, 9:45 PM

Post #1 of 1 (4452 views)
Shortcut
Tv repair tech Can't Post

A little advise from the tech bench

Many of these post are ligament questions that need a good quality answer.
Many more just needed a little more research on the question (like all the post with “I have a single white vertical line”) that’s a classic vertical failure case that’s been beaten to death on these sites. Many other require a knowledge and experience that is obviously beyond the person posting it. Being a card caring, licensed and certified Tv tech sometimes my advise will be “take this to the shop” I say this because inexperienced people can and do make the problem a lot worse than it original was. Not to mention that many ways we test and work on these set puts us in grave danger of being electicuted to the point of serious injury or death. As far as I know there is no school that teaches TV repair, all TV techs have come from different fields and then through experience or factory training, became TV techs. These forums are a nice way to peek someone interest to become a technician.
And once again
I have an extensive library on disk CD-Rom paper and even micro-fish but what we really need to know is the make and model number of the set. Second remember these thing do ware out and a sometime letting that dog die is the best and cheapest answer

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)