Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Twilight Zone crazy problem, please help!

Shapiro
New User

Jan 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

Post #1 of 3 (828 views)
Shortcut
Twilight Zone crazy problem, please help! Can't Post

I have an old Samsung 32 inch television (LA26B450C4), LCD. The television’s red power button was coming on but absolutely no background light and obviously therefore no picture could be seen. I took it in to the local fixit and they say the TV is working just fine however after bringing it back home it still didn’t work here. The Fixit guy told me to bring it along with the same power cable to see if it would work there and it did, right before my own eyes. He said that a month ago a lady came in and claimed the same thing was happening to her LG. She could take her TV to a friend’s house, plug it in and it would work but not in her home. I tried different power cables, direct plug to the wall instead of multi-plug in-case it was some sort of power issue but still no luck. The entire home is filled with computers, TV’s and laptops and no problem except this Samsung 32 inch.
So just to elaborate on the technical side...
The TV with its back light and internal software that shows input status etc comes up on the repair man’s premises but on my premises not even the back light comes on.
There is no small mindless fault or issue that I’ve missed as I’m often the solution guy to fix family and friends pc’s when they break down so I got more than half a brain on me. The fact that it works on another premises and not mine is just twilight zone man, geez!

(This post was edited by Shapiro on Jan 3, 2019, 4:11 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 3, 2019, 5:41 PM

Post #2 of 3 (824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shapiro] Twilight Zone crazy problem, please help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Am assuming you are connected to the electric grid and have account in good standing.

Take TV to next door neighbors. If it works there, bring TV back home and run an extension cord from that SAME outlet to your house and plug TV in.

If still won't work - call an exorcist.

-------------------------

Shapiro
New User

Jan 4, 2019, 5:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Twilight Zone crazy problem, please help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our power is full throttle in my home. If our source can power supply to power to my system unit with it's two monitors, laptop, synthesizers, lounge televisions, washing machine, dryers, fridge and stoves then I'm guessing we sitting on a correct spine.

Reading this issue off an on-line board can only be hard to accept considering the reality that most people would assume that there's something stupid being forgotten out of the initial statement/request.

However I'm almost certain that if this happened personally to any electronic technician out there that they wouldn't rest till solved due to the unusual nature of this particular problem.

It is morning here for us (South Africa) and I'll be trying out my neighbours home this evening when she get's back from work and I will report the result when done. She's a good looking lady so I'm hoping that when explaining this daft sounding issue to her she doesn't end up thinking it's an ill attempt from my side to get up to any funny business!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)