Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
UN55JU6700FXZA won't turn on- pwr & tcon boards replaced

rokybarrett
New User

Jun 7, 2022, 12:04 AM

Post #1 of 1 (708 views)
Shortcut
UN55JU6700FXZA won't turn on- pwr & tcon boards replaced Can't Post

Hello. I have a UN55JU6700FXZA curved screen Samsung that is flashing the red standby light and won't turn on. Replaced power board and t-con board but nothing changed. I am going to describe everything I've noticed in hopes that it can indicate that the panel is bad or not before I move onto replacing the main board.

When I disconnect the main board from the power board, the I can't see light through screw holes come on. However, I do see a blue flash inside there about every 35 seconds. This flash happens whether I have the main board connected or not. Should all TVs have the light come on and stay on when main board is disconnected or do some not? Any of them known to cycle a flash instead?

I am hearing very low level sounds from the main board and power board. I have to put my ear right to them in the right area to hear it, but they each will have an electronic type sound like they are charging up to do something and then a click. But again, this click is so faint that I have to have my ear right to the board, not like a click when a relay turns on the TV. If I disconnect the main board, I can still hear some type of sound cycling on the power board but it's a little different than when the main board is connected. This click happens much more frequently than the blue light inside. The click seems to maybe be in connection to the red standby light flashing but the blue flash inside doesn't seem to correlate to anything else.

So I'm wondering if there is anything that can be gathered from what I'm witnessing to confirm that the panel is bad. The main board costs $50-60 so I'd rather not order it if my symptoms point to panel failure.

Many thanks for any help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)