Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vertical deflection problem

eclipse_storm
New User

Sep 9, 2003, 3:30 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Vertical deflection problem Can't Post

Ok i have read all the posts and have found that like all the others that my problem is a vertical deflection problem. Now i have plenty of practice in soldering and can read some schematics. what i need is help locating the items that controll vertical deflection. i have a 27" philips magnavox chassi#25B800-7562

I am bascal asking if anyon knows where on the cb it is and what it looks like. none of the web searches i have done help in this manner. other than teling me it has between 7-9 pins and a cooling fin. unfortunately i have no such monster.

Any help would be great. I refuse to pay to have someone do it for me, because i have 2 other tv's with the same problem if i can fix mine.
8-}

Procrastination: Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow

mel
Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eclipse_storm] Vertical deflection problem [In reply to] Can't Post

As implied, the vertical output circuit is not just one component but is made up of caps, resistors and the IC, any of which (or more) can be bad. Only a qualified tech with proper test equipment can tell for sure. attempting your own repairs without proper knowledge and equipment can wind up costing you more than if you sought professional help in the first place.

eclipse_storm
New User

Sep 10, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Vertical deflection problem [In reply to] Can't Post

ok can all these items be checked with a continuity tester?

I realize i can do more harm than good, not knowing what i'm doing. The tv is already broke, the worst that can happen is that i break it more. either way.... i am trying to fix it myself, so if you have no help for me please don't post. i have spent the last week typing on boards and searching the web, i have no time to debate weather or not i hold sufficient skill to tackle such a problem.

So if you have any idea what items on the board i should start with and where they are most likely found and what they look like. Please help.

I myself have looked over the entire board and have found no cracks or faulty solder points. a few of the items i have checked for continuity have come up dead, however i'm not sure if they are supposed to or not.

I am new at this but i am a die hard DIY and would like to at least come out of this problem with a little more knowledge of what i am doing.
8-}

Procrastination: Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow

MaierTV
User

Sep 10, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eclipse_storm] Vertical deflection problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Well will try this I show it as a Ic ( TDA9302 ) it will be heat sinked and close to the flyback possibley in IC500 as a location

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)