Viera P65GT50 - Replaced A board and still no HDMI input

dbrodsky9
New User

Jul 8, 2016, 1:14 AM

Post #1 of 2 (753 views)
Shortcut
Viera P65GT50 - Replaced A board and still no HDMI input Can't Post

Hi,

After an electrical storm my Pany P65GT50 no longer had any input (HMDI, Optical, USB, etc). In every other way the TV works fine. It still connects to the WiFi, I can browse and watch smart TV content, sound is fine, panel is flawless. I've just replaced the A board, and after doing so ran the self test and reset to factory. There's no change in the issue. There are green leds lit on both the SD and SS boards, and I'm getting light on the optical output on the A board. I can also connect to Wifi which is a USB add-on to the A board. I found an SD board on eBay for $20, and was thinking of giving it a try just cause it's cheap, but I doubt it'll help. I'm definitely a novice in TV repair and diagnosis, but am a network engineer and computer repair tech, so am fairly technically minded, but I'm definitely out of my depth.

Anyone have any idea what might be preventing the inputs from working at this point, or what I should try next? I appreciate any insight! Thanks so much for your time!

David

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 8, 2016, 5:13 AM

Post #2 of 2 (743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dbrodsky9] Viera P65GT50 - Replaced A board and still no HDMI input [In reply to] Can't Post

Possibly received a defective replacement A board.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)