Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
ViewSonic N3235w power will not stay on

001dummy
New User

Jul 22, 2011, 4:01 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2602 views)
Shortcut
ViewSonic N3235w power will not stay on Can't Post

Hello.. I just was given a ViewSonic N3235w that quit functioning properly. The LCD TV was in a sports bar so, it has been running about 16 hours a day for the last 4 or 5 years. The TV will power on if it has been left unplugged for a few hours. When I plug the TV back in from being unplugged for a few hours, the orange light is on and then I turn it on and the light turns green. About 90 seconds after the tv is on, it shuts itself off and the orange light even goes off. I'm guessing the tv somehow looses all power? I then have to unplug the TV and let it set for a while and then I can plug it back in and the same thing I described before happens again. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be or even if this TV would be worth repairing with the high number of hours that it has been used?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2011, 2:09 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [001dummy] ViewSonic N3235w power will not stay on [In reply to] Can't Post

ViewSonic is very common for power supplies failing. Yours might just be bad capacitors but it is more often bad control ICs. I just repaired 4 ViewSonic TVs last week; I just bought new power supplies. I have them in stock if you need one I could sell you one of mine, they're brand new $79. You can probably find used ones on the internet for less.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)