Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio B400i-B2 Turns itself off.

Johnny J
New User

Mar 28, 2017, 12:25 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Vizio B400i-B2 Turns itself off. Can't Post

Help, <br>I think I have a weird one. I have a 4 year old Vizio E400i-B2 tv that occasionally seems to turn itself off, it gives a slight warning in that the sound will sputter then the picture will freeze then off, after waiting a couple of seconds I can turn it back on only for it to repeat this several times and then it will finally stay on. I have eliminated the remote controls by removing the batteries. I know enough to be dangerous as my dad used to say. Power supply, main board, sensor, none of which I can troubleshoot but can replace, money's tight I'm disabled on a fixed income. Any Ideas. <br> <br>Thanks Johnny J <br>

(This post was edited by Johnny J on Mar 28, 2017, 10:54 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 28, 2017, 6:57 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Johnny J] Vizio B40i-B2 Turns itself off. [In reply to] Can't Post

Assuming this is the Main board for your set, (you mention two models), there is a big IC with a metal heat sink on it. See if heating or freezing it brings on or removes symptom(s).
This IC relies on ball-grid' connections to attach it to the board. One or more joints have become intermittent.

SJ say they have 72 boards available at $49.00

-------------------------

Johnny J
New User

Mar 28, 2017, 11:38 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio B40i-B2 Turns itself off. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, I missed a zero in the description it is a B400i-B2 and that is the board that I looked up it's just that one of the days it won't come back on and I was hoping to save money and buy only what I need. Power boards usually work or they don't so you are probably right.
Thanks jts1957

Anybody else,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)