Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio D55un-E1 (55" 4K) Image issues (Three of them!)

rivers
New User

Apr 23, 2019, 4:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (840 views)
Shortcut
Vizio D55un-E1 (55" 4K) Image issues (Three of them!) Can't Post

Hi. I have a Vizio D55un-E1 55" 4K TV. This is from late 2017. It was a black Friday special, so not sure if this is a limited SKU or low-quality build.

First: There has been a thin line (horizontal) across the top of the image. A little brighter at the right side, but all across. This wasn't there on day 1 but started a couple of months before the 1-year warranty expired.

Second: About the time the first issue began, the panel would flicker in intensity (particularly the left half) when the image was all or mostly white - very bright. Dimmer, brighter, too bright etc. Random - no rhyme or reason to why. Freezing image would still have this flicker.

Third: And most recent. The images/words are being split into 2 or 3 copies of themselves according to color. E.g,. Vizio logo on startup is at 3 different horizontal levels on the screen and 3 different colors. After about 30 seconds, it will shutter the display even though the sound will continue through an external soundbar.

I have tried different video sources, and I have tried different HDMI inputs.

Question - Are these repairable problems? If so, which parts mostly likely. Or is the display too far gone for repair?

Thanks! :)

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 24, 2019, 5:38 PM

Post #2 of 2 (830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivers] Vizio D55un-E1 (55" 4K) Image issues (Three of them!) [In reply to] Can't Post

low-quality build

It's a Vizio. Of course it's as low a quality (read 'cheap') as they could build and still have the majority last past the end of warranty.

Do some research on panel problems.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)